Admiral Acbar's thoughts about this quest.
Note: You need to reach level 6 to activate this quest.
Go to Maltese Falcon (a bar located in Hub), where you will find a Depressed Man. He won't be in a mood for talking, but he will offer you a deal and a chance to get some free jet. All you have to do is go find a man named Loon in Skum Pitt bar (located in Junktown) and pass him the secret message: "Thirty-six buckets on a blue moon". Before you talk to him, make sure that you don't have Cat's Paw in your inventory, or just pretend that you don't have it, since this greedy junkie will steal it from you! Once you pass the code Loon will mark a new location on your PipBoy worldmap.
Once you get there, you will notice an entrance to some kind of a shelter. Unfortunately it is guarded by a GLORIOUS spore plant nicknamed Vayne. The plant will ask you to bring him some random stuff: first a piece of Meat, then a Water bag and finally Cat's Paw Magazine. All these items are of an utmost importance for Vayne to be glorious, and once you've brought all of them Vayne will give you one last test - a riddle. You can try to guess the answer as many times as you want.
|The answer to the riddle:
It's a Cyber Dog!
Congratulations, awesome wastelander! The doors to the unlimited jet supply storage are now open! And once you step inside you will find... a bunch of ordinary thugs with Desert Eagles. Kill them all. In one of the rooms you will find their leader. After you kill him, you'll receive a notification that the quest has been completed. Now you can return to Loon and ask him that one important question: "Where is my jet!" - You'll be more than happy with his answer.
Points of interest
The outside entrance
- 1 - Vayne.
- 2 - Entrance to the storage room.
- 1 - Inside you will find: 3 bottle caps (Now you're rich)
- 2 - Inside you will find: Leather Jacket (And stylish looking)
- 3 - Inside you will find: Rubber Boots (These boots are made for lootin'!)
- 200 experience points for bringing some Meat to Vayne.
- 200 experience points for bringing a Water Bag to Vayne.
- 250 experience points for bringing Cat's Paw to Vayne.
- 400 experience points for solving the riddle.
- 1500 experience points for killing all bandits (3x Hunter - 250 exp for each, 2x Scavenger - 100 exp for each and the final badass - 550 exp for killing him).
- 950 experience points from Loon.
- 7 Jets from Loon after completing the quest (even though he's talking about 10 of them).
Loot from thugs
- Grease Gun SMG
- 5x Desert Eagle .44
- 90x .44 magnum FMJ
- 60x .45 Caliber ammo.