- 1 Description
- 2 Strength
- 3 Perception
- 4 Endurance
- 5 Charisma
- 6 Intelligence
- 7 Agility
- 8 Luck
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. is an acronym denoting the seven primary statistics of a FOnline2 character. How your character performs and its role are greatly determined by these values. You can't have more than 10 points and less then 1 point in any of the 7 main statistics.
It is important to remember that there are stat altering drugs in FOnline2, which will allow you to temporarily achieve higher S.P.E.C.I.A.L. values.
A high strength is good for close combat-centric characters. Modifies: starting hit points, melee damage, and carry weight. Difference between your character's actual strength and weapon strength requirement affects chance to get your arms crippled/weapon dropped when hit in arms.
- It's always a good idea to check the strength requirement for every weapon you intend to use.
- For each point of strength under a weapon's ST requirement, the chance to get crippled and/or having your weapon dropped while getting hit in the arms rises by 5%. Strength above the requirement grants a bonus resistance to that effect, also of 5%.
- Strength is very important for crafters as well, who benefit from the increased carry weight. This results in less time being spent running back and forth. See Carry Weight.
Drugs that affect Strength
- Buffout +2
Skills modified by Strength
It is a very important attribute and 6 points of perception are often required for a variety of useful perks. To get a precise range of your character's field of view, use the default Q hotkey (it will activate a green vision line). E hotkey activates your weapon range line (red color). Make sure to examine the range of different weapons you're planning to use.
Having High Perception is a key in fighting against sneaking characters. If your opponents are using sneakers and you can't detect them pick a character with higher perception.
- For a fighter, perception lower than 6 is deplorable, although some builds can sacrifice their perception for some other benefits (short FOV for close quarter fights in exchange for more "tank-like" abilities). It is recommended to have 8, especially if you intend to use long-range weapons for sniping purposes.
- If you don't have too many spare S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points, set it to 7, and try to balance it with your other characteristics. 7 perception is a minimum value for any character who is going to use aimed shots (due to requirements for Better Criticals perk).
Drugs that affect Perception
- Beer -1
- Cigarettes +3 field of view (note that this only raises your FOV by 3, not your perception)
- Booze -1
- Gamma Gulp Beer -1
- Rot Gut -1
- Roentgen Rum -1
- Psycho -7
Skills modified by Perception
Also one of the most important attributes. 10,9,8 are the most common numbers when modifying this statistic.
- Endurance is essential for a fighter. Especially for those who spend their time fighting in the front lines (like Big Gun tanks). Drug-free tanks should always invest 10 points in endurance.
- Don't set it below 4 (minimal requirement for the Lifegiver perk) or your character won't be of any use, as far as combat is concerned.
Drugs that affect Endurance
- Buffout +1
Skills modified by Endurance
Charisma is, unfortunately, the least important statistic. In the future it might be connected with quests or NPC reactions as it used to work in the original Fallout series, but for now charisma is only used to determine how many people can follow you into the wasteland. With 1 point invested into charisma only two people can travel with you, while for every next point of charisma you can pick up an extra wastelander.
- Set it to 1 and forget it exists.
- If you want to increase your charisma you can always wear a leather jacket or do "It's Complicated..." quest.
Drugs that affect Charisma
- Mentats +2
Skills modified by Charisma
As skill points are vital, intelligence is also vital.
- The number of skill points you earn after each new level is extremely important. If you're making a crafter character, it is highly recommended that you set your INT to 10, so as to be able to have all the skills up as fast as possible.
- If you are an experienced FOnline2 player (or if you're simply good at math), you can calculate the exact number of skill points you will need for your character. That way you can set the value of your Intelligence to that which you will really need (no more and no less), allowing you to better optimize the rest of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes.
Drugs that affect Intelligence
- Mentats +2
Skills modified by Intelligence
A large number of perks in world of FOnline2 require agility. It also determines the number of your character's action points. If you're planning on playing in turn based mode, you should aim for the highest possible amount of action points.
- Having 6 or more agility is recommended. If you set it too low, you'll have a poor number of action points. There is a possibility you will also not be able to make aimed shots at eyes, since they have an increased AP cost.
- In addition, it's better to have an even number in agility. To have an odd value will just give you one more armor class point; a near-useless bonus.
Drugs that affect Agility
- Nuka Cola + 1 action point, which is the main derivative stat of agility.
Skills modified by Agility
The most mysterious attribute. Crucial for snipers as every point invested in luck will grant you a better chance for your aimed shot to become a critical one. It is also important for evading bad effects of being critically shot.
When it comes to critical misses, a character with poor luck will receive severe penalties in case of a critical miss.
IMPORTANT NOTE: the character sheet will tell you that each point of luck increases your critical chance by a mere 1%. While this is true, things work differently when it comes to aimed shots. When you make a successful aimed shot, the base critical chance is multiplied by a certain number. Mysterious? Damn right. Nevertheless, the difference in one point of luck is much bigger than 1% for aimed shots, especially when aiming eyes, head or groin.
- Fighters need it, especially if they want to make critical hits. Set it to 10 to maximize your chances. Most build types need at least 6 luck.
- For crafting characters luck does not have much importance (i.e. it doesn't affect your chance to craft upgraded items, nor does it affect the chance to receive a better upgrade for your upgraded items after crafting them). It is better to invest the points into intelligence.
Drugs that affect Luck
Skills modified by Luck