- SHADY SANDS.
- Thieves will be shot on sight.
Shady Sands, also known as NCR, is ruled by a player-run faction called the New California Republic. Some areas of this town are open only to the members of this faction. Rangers are still recruiting so if you wish to become one of them you need to talk with them directly, or check this forum topic. At first glance, this city looks safe but the NPC guards are much weaker than in other protected cities. You can also become victim of pickpocketers or just simply been hexed like in good old hub.
If you are owner of one of shop i suggest to bring atleast one friend to defend you while you give your stuff to shopkeeper. It's possible for a well armed player gang to breach the city's defense and siege the city! During that time, the entire city turns into a merciless battlezone, posing a great risk to any visitors. If you see notification it is better to stay away from Shandy, attackers and defenders are going to shot you. If you want to aid any of the side you should talk with them before whole raid
That is new map of this city for old one check out Old Shady Sands
Unlike any other protected town this one can be actually taken over by enemy gangs. Attacking gang will have to deal with plenty of guards armed in good weapons like g11,bozars or pulse rifle. In a lot of situations NPCs are posing way bigger threat that players defenders, due to ammount of NPCs guarding this town. After killing guardsman they won't respawn for at least 10 minutes. For that time the players invading the town will be able to shoot anybody they wish as there won't be naturally any guards to help poor ol' citizens!
As a drawback each killed guardsman will worsen the reputation of killer by 100 (Not karma, just Shady Sands Reputation) once you killed 10 or more guards (and thus making your reputation in Shady Sands go -1000 or worse) you are banned from entering the town (well you still can technically enter but most likely you'll get shot down by guards right after spawning).
Once your group start raiding the Shady Sands a server message will appear. Which will last for like 15 and will not pop up for another hour. It is better to stay away from it unless guards will respawn, even after that is a bit risky to go in because NCR soldiers are rather suspicious toward anyone who is entering.
As was stated before NCR got plenty of NPC guards. Starting from one of recent updates Guards are no longer lootable. Players menaging the town, NCR faction members can pay for boosting guards equipment for one week (real time). If they got enough moneys they can even equip guards in tier 4 weapons like Gauss Rifle, but that costs 200k.
Raiding Inner Town
Every killed guardsman will be moved to inner town. When respawn time occur they will all charge from the inner town in the direction of Raiders. To prevent that your team should conquer the inner town. To do so you should probably take with you few dynamites to blow up the forcefield protecting the inner gate (the forcefield can be turned on by any active NCR officer so if there is any online they will most likely do it)
You have few options to go about raiding NCR from either bazaar or suburb it will highly determine your options to fight against defenders. I think the suburb option is way better than bazaar. You can way easier clear all the NPC's while still being relatively safe, all attack from the right side is going to be easy taken down. On the other hand spawn on bazaar give you deep dive into enemy territory, if somebody of you spawn to fast he will be most likely instanly killed, clearing it and rushing straight to the second entrance would be your top priority. Gate which you will choice is rather related to spawn you have picked. But if there are defenders you can think about faking to go into second entrance. Don't let them keep you outside the gate, YOU HAVE TO go in, risk of backstab is to high.
It has been raported that the only way to successfuly use dynamite on the gate is following: A player has to have 5 dynamites in his inventory. They don't have to be armed. Player need to open context menu on right forcefield emitter and then select use item option, pick dynamite from the list. Then wait one minute. Gate shall fail after that.
Shady Sands is one huge area.
Points of interest
- (ORANGE) - NCR and NCR RANGERS faction points of interest.
- (RED) - General town point of interest.
- 1 - General Bethlehem,. a NPC that will upgrade level of NCR guard's weapons for a price.
- 2 - Personal Room. NCR members instanced room.
- 3 - Personal Room. NCR Ranger members instanced building.
- 4 - Terminal. NCR officers computer terminal.
- 5 - Storage. NCR faction storage building. Only officers have access there.
- 6 - Quartermaster. If you're a NCR faction member he can paint your combat armor (both regular and CA MKII) into NCR colors for 500 caps.
- 7 - President's Residence. .
- 8 - Gecko Express..
- 9 - Caravan master.. Transgender Caravan Master. Wastelands are progressive.
- 10 - Caravan Packer. a local who can offer you the box lifting job.
- 10a - Box Delivery Zone. drop boxes from Boxes lifting box quest here.
- 11 - Trader. He's also minor trader who sells Antitoxins and offers healing for a small amount of caps.
- 12 - Bartender. minor trader.
- 13 - Trader..
- 14 - Trader..
- 15 - Town doctor. minor trader.
- 16 - Bartender. minor trader.
- 17 - Katarina.. She sells the Desert house base map for 40 000 caps.
- 18 - Diane Colress. An NPC selling Nuka Cola. For 40,000 caps, players can purchase the small house base map from her.
- 19 - Robin Wood. He will offer you a job.
- 20 - Ranger's technician, He sells Kevlar polymers for 750 caps.
- 21 - A brahmin herdsman, He has a very special task for wastelanders.
- 22 - A waterpump, You can fill your water sacks here.
- 23 - A waterpump, You can fill your water sacks here.
- 24 - FLC, Local bank. You can get access to Auction house from here.
- 25 - Forcefield town gates A, NCR officers can toggle forcefield, making the inner town closed. Mostly used during full scaled town raid or by implementing "curfew hour" by NCR side.
- 26 - Forcefield town gates B. NCR officers can toggle forcefield, making the inner town closed. Mostly used during full scaled town raid or by implementing "curfew hour" by NCR side.
- 27 - Workbench.,
- 28 - Workbench.,
- 29 - Westin ranch, inaccessible location..
- 30 - BoS outpost,
- 31 - BoS paladin, visit him after finishing Cathedral quest for BoS.
- 33 - Rangers Camp gate, leading to inner town. Only NCR and NCR Ranger members can use it.
- 33 - President's Residence gate, leading to inner town. Only NCR president can use it.
- 34 - Moo!, Brahmin pens.
- T - 'Player shops.
- HS - House small price: 15k, 1k monthly rent (real time) taken from bank account
- HM - General Bethlehem, price: 25k, 5k monthly rent (real time) taken from bank account.
- HL - General Bethlehem, price: 50k, 10k monthly rent (real time) taken from bank account.
Large house contains primitive workbench.
- BE - Bazaar, main town entrance.
- SE - Suburbs town entrance.
- RE - Rangers Camp entrance available only to NCR and NCR Ranger members.
- PS - President's Residence emergency exit.
- PS - President's Residence direct wm entrance available only to NCR president.
Shady Sands - City of events
In the past Shady Sands was used as a host for many various players run events. Thanks to flexibility given by fact that town is menaged by players many actions normally impossible in other town, here is possible. As for season 3 not only players had runs events but game developer as well. Here is few examples of events that took place in this town.
- First Bank Event
- Second Bank Event
|NCR Defense 2!|
- Election Event
Republic on New California needs a leader. Since its Republic it means only one thing - election time. Each citizen of New California Republic could vote for new leader. In the end player: Vaultloner won.
Note: This only shows how bad democracy is as Vaultloner was one of the worse presidents of NCR for all times. Just go ask Tandi.
- Marriage Event
Second president of New California Republic was as bad as first one. He was also ugly - nevertheless since he had the moneys he managed to get married.
- Glumer's Abduction.
Second president of NCR was definitely not liked by the wasteland. He's ruling time was cut short by abduction.
- Glumer's Release
Unfortunately after kidnapping of Glumer, NCR forces performed an release operation which ended up with reclaiming the president from attacker's hands by NCR Task force.
- Shady Sands Carnival 2014
- NCR about C88:
|Top Secret Report posted on public Wiki!|
Dear president, NCRIS collected information about C88 long time, first of all our agents thought its some kind of organization, but they were wrong. Decrypted holodisk recovered from one abandoned Enclave research facility located deep in the desert indicates C88 as an experimental biological project. This virus had been used on primitive tribes where caused terrible mutations. Exposed humanoids had suffered large neural damage which leaded to lost of almost all their intelligence, increased aggression and only lowest instincts remained. Although they can talk, republic scientist discovered on autopsy of captured samples they are not able understand or keep concept at all. There is no possibility to talk them in any way. This legacy of inhuman research can be treat by only way - by fire. Tracy
- Wesan when asked about recent series of attacking players in NCR:
|"PK sounds fun, I want to do it as well! Can I? Pretty please!"|
|5 second after Wesan Nuked the whole place scavengers appeared. Well they certainly had some nice radiated loot.|
|Fonline 2 Locations:|
|Towns:||* Boneyard * Broken Hills * The Den * Gecko * Junktown * Klamath * Modoc * New Reno * Redding * San Francisco * Shady Sands * The Hub * Vault City|
|Dungeons:||* Ares * Toxic Caves * Vault 15 * Sierra Army Depot * Warehouse * Necropolis * Vault 12 * The Glow * Tanker's Holds * Mariposa Military Base * Cathedral|
|Others:||* Caravan Depot * Brotherhood of Steel HQ * Navarro * Gas Station * Alcatraz * Unknow Residence * RocketBall|